Saturday, April 5, 2008

Dancing with my Husband

Every morning at some point, my husband comes to me and wants to dance (usually some corny ballroom thing but dancing nonetheless). Of course this attempt to dance with me is always when I've overslept by 1/2 hour, running around like a fool, trying to get the dogs outside, my contact lenses are acting crazy, my hair is a mess AND I can't fit anything in my closet so needless to say, I'm not usually the best dance partner.

But the other day it hit me. This is a special time and although I might be late for work, I SHOULD take the time to be a more willing dance partner. I remember a time where we barely spoke with each other in the AM (or hell, in the PM for that matter!) and I should not take this lightly. I should see it as our time together, and no matter what else is going on, if he's taken the time to focus on me, I should return the favor!

1 comment:

Derrick's Sister said...

AW Hell!! All this time with Lisa is turning you into a good wife. Do you have any idea how much pressure this is causing in MY life? Yes that’s right you heard me…..MY LIFE!! Who will I count on to indulge me in my insanity when I get married? Who will be there to tell me I’m always right? Where is my Queen of Justification? Where has she gone?

Silent Prayer - (Lord… please, I’m begging you… Don’t make me wait this long and THEN take away my bottom.)

I can see it now… I have half my stuff packed and in the car.. I call you ripping and you say… “ I don’t know D? You think you might be going a little over board here? I’m saying the man should get to breath in his own house!” I won’t even know what to say… Where will I go AFTER I’ve already told him I’m going to your house until he learns to breath through his nose!!

Silent Prayer - (Lord… please, I’m not saying make her a bad wife.. I’m just saying make sure I can still be a crazy one…Ok?)

Then there’s the whole who will my husband commiserate with if YOU go and make Corey all happy and crap? No seriously… this is getting out of hand. Next thing I know Corey comes over to the house talking about you cooking and cleaning too!! Do you have any idea what kind of havoc that will cause in my house? I can just hear it now…. “Crys is dancing, smiling , cooking and cleaning over there!! What the hell are YOU doing Drena?... uh?” Do you see what all this is causing? Can you hear me going crazy, foaming at the mouth, calling him everything but the child of God? Sending his tail packing to your house…..

Oh, wait a minute….

Silent Prayer - (Oh Lord… THANK YOU… I see your divine plan now. Thank you for working a mighty work on Crys and Corey marriage. Thank you for preparing Crys and Corey for my insanity and most of all THANK YOU for showing me that Crys will have both the husbands full-time and I will just come and visit and allow regular BUT periodic visits from mine. OH Lord… I thank you in advance for your kindness and clarity. I thank you. I thank YOU. I THANK YOU!!!)

Hey Crys… Thank Lisa for me… hear?