Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Integrity (or lack thereof)

in·teg·ri·ty /in*teg*ri*ty/ –noun
1. adherence to moral and ethical principles; soundness of moral character; honesty.
Ok, I'm not trying to act like the moral police or mini holy spirit, but what has happened to people's integrity? I've been at two positions as a consultant where people have blatant integrity issues. One case, the manager wanted me to lie about testing statistics and this engagement that I'm on now, one of my employees has all around integrity issues. Coming in late, leaving early, reporting hours that he hasn't worked, not submitting work and claiming he never knew it was assigned to him. I JUST DON'T GET IT? What is going on in the world? Are these things that have been going on all along and I once was a person who didn't have issues with cheating the system or trying to get over? I know as a Christian I'm supposed to let my light shine but some days, it's easier to be in the dark, with the covers pulled over my head...

1 comment:

Derrick's Sister said...

Girl - you know the world is full of slakers and people with no home training and morals - I say DO NOT lump yourself in with that group today or YESTERDAY.

Love YA!!