Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Travelling for Work... Still a Good Idea?

Today my husband (who's in teacher's training at church) had to do his final presentation, which was to teach on a topic of our pastor's choosing. He's been in this class for about 3 months, and I probably would have been in this class with him also, but I'm travelling for work. So anyway, I've been hearing about this for months, talking with him about his topic (the ark of the covenant), talking about different angles he could approach it, blah, blah, blah... The last week coming down to the wire I got to hear his points and talk with him about his research. Today, he called me, did his presentation for me, toook some contrsutive criticism and was on his way. While I was work when he called, after we got off the phone, I had to go in the bathroom to cry for several reasons. (1) because God is SO awesome and I know it was God that gave him the words to say, (2) because I was and am SO proud of him and (3) feeling sad that I wasn't there and I felt I should have been. Of course I didn't let him know I cried, but I did tell him that I wished I were there and that I would be in prayer for him. So after his presentation before he got a chance to call me, I got calls from two friends who were there telling me what an awesome job he did, how everyone was very impressed with him, how well prepared he was, etc.. Little did they know that this just added to me feeling like a bad wife because I was not there! Its one thing to miss birthdays of other people. after church dinners, impromptu get togethers, but to miss my husband's presentation has me wondering if I'm doing the right thing with this travel assignment. I'm having a rough night, I'm just babbling now, so I'm going to end this now. Tomorrow is another day....

1 comment:

Derrick's Sister said...

You are not a bad wife....go ask your husband!!!!

No really...right NOW...Go ask him!!!

Love ya