Sunday, January 21, 2007

WHAT ABOUT ME???

Ok, so my 39th birthday is approaching... There were so many things that I thought I would have accomplished at this point in my life. A house, a child, a career that I'm happy with... HOW DID I GET HERE??? I guess God has other plans for me and in church today they talked about how God is ready/willing/able/wanting to give you all you want but you have t0 reach a place in your life that you can truly say "even if he doesn't _______ (fill in the blanks) I will still serve and praise Him because I know He can". There are days when I feel this and know this in my heart, but there are days when I let negative self talk creep in, when I hear someone is buying a home, when I hear that a friend of mine who's approaching 40 with 2 kids (new babies) is considering having another, when I meet someone who's happy in their career that I just feel like saying "WHAT ABOUT ME GOD???".

1 comment:

Derrick's Sister said...

Here's what about you:
1. You have friends who love you and care.
2. You are married to a man who loves you AND is trying to live is life for the Lord.
3. Your realtionship with your family is intact and in good standing.
4. You have the benefit of two church families that love and pray for you.
5. You have developed a beautiful and powerful relationship with Christ

OK... that's 5 things of 1000's...just becuase you aren't where you thought you would be doesn't mean you are lost!! Take a look around and see all you have accomplished, from where you came and know that it ain't over it could all still be on the way